Sure, you could just buy pudding from a can or make it from a powdered mix, but it tastes amazing made from scratch. The ingredients are so basic that you probably already have them in your kitchen.
- 3/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, cocoa, cornstarch, flour, and salt.
- Add the milk and egg yolks to the pan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until the mixture boils. Allow the mixture to boil over medium heat for 1 minute while still stirring. This process shouldn't take more than 15 minutes. Less time will give you a thinner pudding, more time will give you a thicker pudding.
- Remove from heat. Blend in the butter and vanilla.
- Tastes great warm, or cover it and cool in the refrigerator for several hours.
Copyright © 2012 Corban Works, LLC