We received chard in our CSA but didn’t have any idea what to do with it. Luckily a friend suggested this delicious (and easy!) chard taco recipe.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, tough stems removed and leaves cut crosswise into 1 1/2-inch slices
- 12 corn or flour tortillas
- 1 cup crumbled queso fresco cheese
- 3/4 cup salsa (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Stir in the onion; cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic, stirring until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in the chicken broth, Swiss chard, and a pinch of salt. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer until chard is nearly tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove lid and increase heat to medium, stirring until the liquid evaporates, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat another skillet over medium-high heat. Warm the tortillas in the skillet for about 1 minute per side.
- Fill the warmed tortillas with the chard, and top with the queso fresco cheese and optional salsa.
Copyright © 2012 Corban Works, LLC